Job Location: US-NY-Rikers Island
Correction Medical Associates of New York PC
Need Full time/ Part time/ Per Diem Physicans for the Midnight to Eight shift. Flexible days off.
Site Medical Director
Under supervision of the Site Medical Director with broad latitude for independent judgment and initiative, the Staff Physician is an integral part of the medical team at his/her facility. He/She is expected to take a leading role in the delivery of health care services to our patients. In addition, he/she is responsible for the supervision of the Physician Assistants and Nurse Practitioners.
1. Complete comprehensive histories and physicals on all new admissions including completion of master problem list (MPL) with diagnosis, lab, and EKG contraindication form and medication list where applicable.
2. Perform S.O.A.P. notes on patients requesting sick call, schedule follow-ups and update medication orders. Update any deficiencies on the MPL.
3. Diagnose and treat acute and chronic illness. Evaluate the need for consult services and submit the prioritized consult when indicated.
4. Review all on island /off-island specialty consult clinic and hospital returns. Evaluate the recommendations to ensure that the standard of care is met and implement the recommendations of the consultant.
5. Implement plans for patient care utilizing protocols approved by the Medical director and/or treatment plans reflecting the current standard of care.
6. Respond to emergencies and fire drills on a priority basis and in a timely and professional manner.
7. Be familiar with performance indicators (P.I.) and take appropriate measures to comply with these standards.
8. Perform chart reviews and summaries on all transfers. Update the MPL, rewrite medication orders and resubmit consults as needed.
9. Request radiology exams, lab-test, EKGs when indicated and interpret these results in conjunction with the patient's clinical status.
10. Notify Urgicare for 3hrs/EMS runs.
11. Complete and submit all encounter forms on a daily basis.
12. Witness, sign, and document patient healthcare refusals.
13. Print name or use Name Stamp.
14. Write legibly.
15. Generate medical modifications as needed.
16. Generate special needs tracking forms as needed.
17. Maintain clinical competency by reviewing PHS protocols, current medical literature and C.M.E's.
18. Provide clinical supervision for P.A's, / N.P's, which includes co-signing of notes and medication orders. Assure that standard of care is maintained.
19. Adhere to policies and procedures of PHS and be familiar with them by reviewing them as needed.
20. Maintain your tour schedule as directed with particular attention to punctuality and timely notification of absences.
21. Maintain required credentials.
22. Maintain current licensure and CME requirements. (Appropriate documentation must be on our files.)
23. Maintain professional attitude and appearance.
24. Attend all mandatory in-services.
25. Comply with and maintain Employee Health requirements
A. Medical doctor with 3 to 5 years of directly related experience, which may include residency in a directly related medical specialty.
B. Registered to practice medicine in State of New York and have Federal DEA, BCLS or ACLS, and Infection Control Certification; Medical Specialty License or Certification; Board certified or Board Eligible in Specified Area of Medical Specialty.
The work environment characteristics described herein are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Lifting and moving
Exposure to communicable diseases